Sunday, July 31, 2005

Who Wants to be a Millionare?

Me, that's who. So, I went to Lakeview, Minnesota on my day off to audition for the game show. I think I have seen the show twice but both times I yelled at the people competing for being....... hmm........not smart. Anyway, my wife and daughter convinced me that I should put my brains on the line and stop yelling at the TV. The auditions started at 9am.

I stood in the sun at a car dealership for 4 hours to take 2 ten minutes tests, 30 questions each, ACT style. The tests were simple, however, I knew there was a trick to this whole matter when the producer who introduced the testing said, "It is our policy to never announce what your test scores are and that we have our own model for what constitutes a satisfactory score for being invited to participate in our game show". Translation = We are looking for people who don't drool when they think but we are not looking for people who are can answer all of our trivia questions. That way we can create the drama of contestants who need to call lifelines, ask the audience, etc. I suspect that the test scores have to come in at about 85% to 92% to be considered a winner. I did not win.

I don't think I missed that many questions, but I really don't care. My day was made with a 2 to 3 hour conversation I had with a CEO of multi-city company who was standing in line with me. When he found out I was a pastor, his first question was, "So, are you part of the 'Left Behind' **** crowd?" Wow! I could not ask for a better lead. I asserted that I had enough integrity of soul to refuse to buy in to those fantasies sold as theology in story form......I am out of time for now......I'll finish this later this week. (Check out my profile; especially the answer to my pro wrestling finish manuever).

No comments: