Tuesday, November 13, 2007

3 Teeth Pulled, 1 Dry Socket and a Funeral

Once again, too long no blog. Hang in there with me. Here's what last week looked like in my life:
Sunday the 4th I got out of the shower at 6am to grab the phone. 2 young
men in our church were in an accident. One died at the scene and the other
one was in the hospital. Alcohol was involved. The day became a blur of
church services, tears, holding grieving and frightened family members and
much prayer.

Monday the 5th I have 3 teeth pulled in preparation for some much needed
dental rebuilding.

Thursday Funeral and Triumph as the mom of the deceased young man stands
bravely in front of 300 in attendance to declare that our church has
declared war with the monster of alcoholism in Wisconsin and this set
back is a set up for victory. I stood at her side proud to be her pastor.

Thursday night pick up guest speakers from Atlanta for the weekend.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday = One dry socket and loads of pain. ER trip
Saturday night.

Monday morning back in the dentist chair.

I have not forgotten my loyal readers, I just need to catch up on life and send you some love real soon......stay tuned.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so amazing. I get so very blessed by God's moving and speaking through you. Even in the midst of the crush of Life HE is the VICTOR! Preach it Brother/Pastor Randy!!

God Bless the Mom for her courage and God's Grace to share her heart. God is doing a great and mighty work in these days. May we be His People spreading HIS LOVE to our neighbors, any and all of them.

I'm Blessed, so very Blessed, you be BLESSED Too!! NJ

Anonymous said...

Pastor, you amaze me!!!
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of something huge!!! GOD is moving and His will be done through the death of David!

I can not tell you the number of people that were healed on Sun.Nov.4th - Thursaday Nov. 8th 2007

You bless me and you are always challenging me to become more like Jesus and to be filled with Spirit living every day!!!

Thank You
Jamie