Friday, January 29, 2021

If I Had One Prophecy ~

If I had one prophecy ~

I might prophesy that abortion will remain legal for another 47 years AND I would add to my prophecy that only Love is greater than laws, only Love is significant enough to offer solutions, and only Love would create bipartisan ideas to offer women the answers they so richly deserve when faced with the complexities that will always transcend partisan rancor. 

I'd prophesy Love.

Love would create Pro-life and Pro Choice wisdom for the greater good of a society at the brink of self destruction. I’d prophesy what Jesus said, “You’ve heard it said of old, ‘thou shalt not kill’, but I say if you are angry and call people fools, you should be brought before the ‘supreme court’”. It seems to me Jesus is pressing us to realize we have much greater heart issues to win! And, as such, by Love we could insure that babies will no longer be born into a world of this murderous hatred we’ve created. 


I’d prophesy Love.


I could possibly prophesy that the church of the USA HAS come just together to vote for the best solutions our nation faces today. I’d add to my prophecy that voting as a single block of partisan robots has only succeeded to further divide us thus preventing any honest political ideals from becoming solutions. 


Through the eyes of Love I might prophesy that multiplied millions of Americans of faith in Christ came together and voted across all party lines; for Republicans, Democrats, and Independents who must now learn to work together as family or perish together as fools. 


And through those same eyes of Love I’d prophesy that Catholic Christians, Orthodox Christians, and Christians of multiple notions awakened to elect all different kinds of human beings with a wide diversity of beliefs and lifestyles to represent EVERYONE in the USA and not just a select few…in order that we’d all have to learn to live beyond hate. And while I'm on the subject of faith, I'd prophesy Love for Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and beyond...


I’d prophesy Love.


I’d be so bold (if I did prophesy in such a manner) as to suggest that the one billion Catholic Christians on earth could be proud to say they have the unique and extraordinary opportunity of having one their own as the President of the USA (only the second time in American history). I’d prophesy that their liturgy would unify with him at weekly mass and the possibility of one billion people praying together would have planetary implications.


I’d prophesy Love. 


My bold prophecy (if I were to prophesy so boldly) would extend to proclaim a new day for Protestants whose exhaustion with the vain repetition of demanding monolithic singular political solutions has finally pressed us to accept the art of healthy compromise. I’d prophesy a day of Love for and among politicians to remember that their best work is done in the art of compromise (the real work of political science) in order that all will have some answers rather than half getting everything while leaving the other half to boil in bitterness. 


I’d prophesy Love. 


My prophecy would rest on the Shoulders of Jesus’ prayer, “Father, that they all may be one as we are one…that the world might believe that You sent Me” (John 17:21). And my prophecy would reach for an end to “us versus them”; an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth world promising only a blind and toothless existence. 


My proposed prophecy would stand in the middle of the dreamy notions of Prophets like Isaiah and Micah who imagined the day when all weapons of war would be converted into agricultural marvels to feed everyone on earth equally…why? Because of Love, that’s why.


I’d prophesy Love.


Yes…I’d prophesy Love and never (never have, never will) a politician.

Only Love deserves that kind of endorsement. 

Only Love will do the heavy lifting of the challenges before us. 

Only Love will demand more of us than all our previous ideas and debates.

Only Love will point us upward and away from the mess we’ve created. 


“Love alone is credible.” ~Hans Urs von Balthasar~ 

"Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away..." ~St. Paul~


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! Love saved me. I stepped into Living Word broken, hopeless and empty. The people showed me God's Love was alive, real and here for ALL. Thank you Bishop for your work and words. Thanks to the people of Living Word. I miss and love you all!